Sunday 15 August 2010

EVERYTHING GOES BETTER WITH CHEESECAKE.









I've done the work.
I've joined the gym.
I'm walking.
I've lost one pound.
Crap.

I really am motivated to move just because I know in the long run it will help manage the pain of Fibromyalgia. At the very least it will, for a little while, help distract me from the pain. Okay, I can live with that. The other thing that motivates me is that I really need to lose the weight except that I'm not losing anything despite the fact that my calorie intake is very, very low.

Double crap.

What is it going to take to lose any weight? You can see where I'm going here. The pain seems to be my secondary motivation. I'm just tired of looking the way I do. My daughter is getting married next May and I want to look like the mother of the bride, not the grandmother of the bride. You see, I've got plenty of motivation to not only feel better but to look better. 

I really am trying to cut out all the crap kind of food. I know I need to eat breakfast but I hate it. My idea of breakfast is coffee and diet coke. Actually, I can go all day without eating and then hit it at around 5. I can then eat a sensible dinner. I love veggies and chicken so it's not difficult for me to cut back on calories. My problem is when I'm bored. Around eight I want either ice cream or popcorn both of which are bad for me. I know, I know.........the diet coke isn't good for me either but it's going to be REAL tough for me to give that up. Without caffeine I just might be comatose.

The walking has really knocked me out. After I walk I just want to come home and get in bed. I still hurt and my energy levels are practically non-existent. I will keep walking because I need to keep walking. 

Years ago I had a personal trainer who came to the house while I exercised. We would spend an hour doing aerobics and strength training. I was in really good shape. I could do push ups and sit ups and run like a champ. Believe that one? Another thing that I used to do. (sigh)

All I know is that after you exercise a little snack is in order.

Cheesecake would be nice.







No comments:

Post a Comment