Monday 15 June 2009

FIBROMYALGIA ISN'T CHEAP

Out Sick TodayImage by pixieclipx via Flickr



















If you think Fibromyalgia has a great cost to your life:


Wait until you get the bill.


I walked in to get my blood work done, all 24 vials of it and my intravenous drips with all kinds of concoctions for energy and muscle pain and walked out feeling lighter. Physically and financially. I was impressed that there was a glutathione injection into the bag for my immune system.

Glutathione is produced in the liver and is a major antioxidant and anti-viral. It helps your body remove heavy metal toxins from your body. It declines as we age and because of the low levels in the average diet. Basically, it enhances the immune system so it functions at an optimal level. A great deal of research is going on but in patients with Chronic Fatigue and/or Fibromyalgia the glutathione has been deficient. It's an experimental protocol but there has been some glimmer of hope that it will help.



After getting all 24 vials of blood, I asked how long it would take to get the results. The thyroid test that is done takes 3 weeks to get back. I don't think after this blood work there will be much that I don't know about my body.


Then I was led to a room with some wonderful easy chairs and I got hooked up to an IV drip. One bag was for the muscle pain and the other was for the immune system. It takes about 3 hours to get the two bags into you. I sat and put my feet up and just rested.


By the time I left I was trashed. Lightheaded, dizzy, sleepy and just wanting to be home and in bed.


Oh, I forgot. I can get this lovely concoction twice a week.


The cost?


$400 a pop. You do the math.


Like I said.


Fibromyalgia isn't cheap.








No comments:

Post a Comment